Reports to: Business Manager & Development Officer
Hours: Full-time, flexible but must accommodate some weekend or weekday concerts as needed per the performance schedule.
Office Holidays: 11 including New Year’s Day; Martin Luther King’s Birthday; President’s Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Veteran’s Day; Thanksgiving Day; Day after Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day; and one floating holiday of personal significance (ex: Good Friday, Rosh Hashanah)
Personal Vacation: two weeks per year (ten days total)
Spring/Winter Break Vacation Days: five days total; split as directed by President
BACKGROUND: The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
PURPOSE: Major responsibilities include management of the phones and daily tasks in the Finance Office, including accounts payable and receivable, payment processing, bank deposits, payroll, registration processing, donor and customer management, and financial reporting. This position will work closely and in tandem with other key members of the administrative staff (Business Manager and Development Officer; Development Associate; Program Coordinator) for the purposes of aligning artistic and operational goals with overall annual administrative goals and objectives.
- Oversee daily tasks within the finance department
- Manage ticket and merchandise sales for concerts and events
- Manage deposits of all online, card, check, and cash purchases and donations using QuickBooks
- Prepare necessary information for CPA firm for annual audit; prepare and submit annual 1099 forms for contracted personnel
- Maintain payroll files on each employee and contracted service provider; manage semi-monthly payroll of permanent staff
- Work alongside Program Office to manage registration of singers; maintain accounts for each singer/customer, and ensure timely collection of tuition and other fees incurred
- Process scholarship applications and awards
- Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Develop strong relationships with JCC children and families, nurture the development of each child, and provide appropriate support for children and families.
- Assume administrative responsibilities as assigned by the President & Artistic Director.
- Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, administrative and computer skills required; strong background and knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel); experience with QuickBooks, or other accounting software, a plus.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- A passion for music and singing and knowledge of arts management a plus.
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Darren Dailey, President & Artistic Director at email@example.com.