Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President and Artistic Director (PAD)
Benefits: Health, Vacation
The mission of the Jacksonville Children's Chorus is to provide a high-quality choral music education for children of diverse backgrounds, fostering teamwork, self-discipline, accomplishment and pride while filling an important cultural need in the community and sharing the beauty of the choral art form through artistically excellent performances.
Executive Assistant works closely with the PAD, as well as independently, to perform a wide range of complex administrative and clerical duties, including but not limited to: project, ensemble and event administrative management, calendar and travel coordination and assistance with Board relations and other strategic organizational activities and communications.
- Executive Asst. is responsible for administrative support of the day-to-day activities of the office and PAD. This includes drafting internal and external communications from the PAD and the maintenance and use of confidential files and information.
- General office duties including, but not limited to: placing, receiving, routing phone calls, filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records.
- Assist PAD in Board communications and fundraising efforts. Provide follow-up by telephone and in writing as necessary. Prepare reports, gather, analyze and present statistical information, generate informational packages and briefing reports, coordinate meetings and follow-up as necessary.
- In conjunction with the PAD and other staff and volunteers, assist in the planning and execution of fundraising projects. Assist in fundraising event marketing and public relations, as well as donor appeals and other organizational and development projects.
- Assist the PAD in performance and rehearsal activities.
- Assisting JCC parents with account payments and questions; answering general questions about the JCC and scheduling auditions
- Assists the PAD in all logistics and planning of JCC concert and events
- Other duties as assigned by the PAD
Associate's degree or equivalent
Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in a performing arts or nonprofit organization preferred.
Excellent organizational, research, planning and implementation skills are essential as well as strong attention to detail, ability to follow-through, to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Outlook and Internet
Knowledge of choral music is a plus.
APPLICATION Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to Darren Dailey, President and Artistic Director, Jacksonville Children's Chorus, 225 E Duval Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 or email to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS.