Program Office Intern
Job Type: Part-time, flexible hours (20 hours per week), but must accommodate some Saturday mornings, late afternoon, and evening performance and rehearsal schedules
Start Date: ASAP
Address: 10131 Atlantic Blvd.Jacksonville, FL 32225
Reports to: Program Manager
Office Holidays: 11 unpaid holidays including: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day (if on a working day), Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one floating holiday of personal significance (i.e., Good Friday, Rosh Hashanah)
Spring Break: five days total unpaid with prior approval of President & Artistic Director
The Program Office Intern is responsible for providing support in all aspects of program efforts. The intern will report to the Program Manager to ensure expectations of high-level program standards are met and work with the Recruitment & Marketing Coordinator to assist with all business needs related to marketing.Major responsibilities include supporting the logistical and operational aspects of the choirs, including preparation of rehearsals and performances, special events, and developing and nurturing relationships with Jacksonville Children's Chorus children and families. This position will work closely and in tandem with other key members of the administrative staff for the purposes of aligning artistic and operational goals with overall annual administrative goals and objectives.
The Program Office Intern’s primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Support logistical planning and implementation of level programs: rehearsals, classes, festivals, workshops, rehearsals, performances, recruiting, auditions, outreach activities, etc.
- Order, catalogue, distribute, collect, and file borrowed and owned music.
- Assist with filling and emptying folders at various times throughout the year.
- Assist with the inventory of choral attire for the chorus, maintenance and coordination of uniforms for concerts, and assist with choral attire check out, exchange, and return.
- Assist, as needed, at rehearsal locations with set-up/takedown, check-in/out, communications and music distributions, and serve as liaison to volunteers.
- Assist with content creation for social media, and quality assurance of the website
- Assist, as needed, with planning for trade shows and other key events
- Assist with the creation of JCC music videos, pre-recorded performances and virtual choir productions
- Organization and maintenance of performance and marketing materials
- Other projects as assigned by the Program Office
- The right candidate will be a capable, independent worker with strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High sense of urgency and ability to work well under pressure.
- A passion for music and singing and knowledge of business management.
- Knowledge of child development, group leadership, planning, and scheduling.
- Ability to work with children and families from a variety of backgrounds required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including strong business writing and proofing skills .
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Organized, dependable, and detail oriented with proficient tech and administrative skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, move equipment, and do physical set up for rehearsals and events.
- Photography or videography experience preferred but not required.
- Some travel required.
Qualified Candidates should send their resume, in confidence, to:
Darren Dailey, President & Artistic Director