Honors Choir Festival COVID—19 Response Plan
Healthy Hygiene Practices:
- All singers and staff will be required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be available when singers enter the building and throughout the venue.
- HEPA filters will be placed in the rehearsal spaces to provide extra clean and filtered air for the singers.
- Lunch will not be provided due to health and safety concerns. Singers must provide their own lunch.
Procedures at check-in for signs and symptoms of illness:
- All singers will have their temperature checked and be asked Covid screening questions prior to entering the building.
- If any singer displays symptoms while they are within the building, they will be sent to an isolation room and guardian will be called to pick them up. If singer shows any sign or symptom of illness prior to arrival, we ask that they please STAY HOME.
Physical-Distancing During Rehearsal and Performance:
This season, the JCC has downsized registration by 50% to facilitate optimum physical-distancing. This includes increased spacing, smaller groups, limited interaction, and staggered scheduling. Rehearsal locations were chosen for their quality ventilation systems and large rooms where singers can maintain a distance of at least 6-8 feet.
Masks will also be required for the entirety of the rehearsal and performance.
We are taking a unique approach to the Honors Choir Festival performance. Ideally, this would have an audience attendance. However, we will be hosting this as a virtual pre-recorded performance that will be released to the public. This will be necessary to stay current with the health and safety needs of our singers during the COVID-19 pandemic. The instructional model we are following comes from the American Choral Directors Association COVID-19 Response Committee and can be viewed in detail at www.acda.org.